Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fresh Snow

It is beautiful to look at the freshly falling snow. I like looking at it. Then I step outside...brrr. This girl who'd rather be in the tropics is making the best of another winter.

My daughter has already made a snowman, and now she's at her cousins playing outside again. She loves the winter and the snow. It's funny, sometimes she will lament how much she misses the ocean too.

We bought our new pug a little red santa suit, complete with a hood. Soooo cute! Adorable. Today he liked it. He still can't figure out how to go potty outside in the snow too well.

We like our new little pug. I think we've had him for about a month. He's little, perhaps only 12 pounds. Truly, he is only in our house because my daughter has wanted a little dog for quite some time now. When we were in Miami Beach, someone gave us a chihuahua but alas, we only kept it for a weekend. I liked that. Bella has been wanting a small dog. I'm a lover of pit bulls, american bulldogs and viszlas. They are all clever and beautiful-souled. If I had room, I'd love a great dane. I once dog-sat for one and had dreams Joey and I knew each other in another lifetime.

Little poochie is a cute addition. We have enough room for him to run around after himself or his toys to wear himself out. He enjoys short walks already. It's good for me to get out of the house, out of my unwelcome depression with him. He's a happy little guy.

I called him Little Guy initially. I find it was wrong to do that. I hold on to memories of the heart, and Little Guy was a pit bull I lost to domestic violence and my ex-husband. So this little one is now named Poquito (for little). We love it! He's even got a PINK nametag already. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment