Monday, April 12, 2010

Steer Me Away From Boring!

I’m a writer. I adore reading. For the first few years after getting divorced, leaving that abusive partner, and doing not too great a job of my own healing from abuse while taking care of my wonderful daughter, I used to say “I have no life!” so I would read or watch tv. I’m certain I’ve read hundreds of books in this “meantime”. Not too terribly long ago, I didn’t own a television for three whole years. Incredible to look back now. Isn’t it absolutely amazing how different your life was before having a child? My daughter’s already six. She’s half Cuban, and half boring-ass Minnesotan. I’m not at all a boring person, I just find myself occasionally surrounded by them as I settle in for some time in the Midwest again.


When I talk, I veer off in tangents. It’s amusing my email friends say I talk the same way I write…so this blog is just whatever comes up. I’m not who I want to be. Sometimes I’m alive and juicy and naughty (got a tattoo last summer in Miami Beach before moving back here) and the rest of the time, I just live. I just work at finding balance, finding energy to do everything I want to, to be juicy again!


I hope you enjoy my electronic travails. I love when I make time to journal, taking time enough to take pen to smooth paper and rediscover my interior for that day. I also hope this blog will share experiences or thoughts we share. I used to attend domestic violence support groups, at the beginning of my healing journey back to myself. As we shared our stories, often we found ourselves laughing out loud, “Were we married to the same person?” So turn it around now, because life isn’t easy, yet it’s much, much better. I’m grateful for the journey. I’m grateful for all I’ve learned. Thanks for letting me share with you my journey toward a more authentic life…please email me or comment. Most of all, live succulently starting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment