Saturday, October 19, 2013

It's A Great Place To Be

Quick! Name 3 things you are grateful for in the comments below. It is sooooo good to be mindful about what we appreciate and savor in all parts of our lives.

I don't have a long commute or drive to my work, but for some time now I hardly turn the radio on. I choose to think positively and be grateful and aware of what I am seeing. Just today near the end of my walk with Biggie my pug, I saw a row of maple trees sprinkled with a few others that were just gorgeous with the redness of fall.

Truly, I am finding more and more to be grateful for every day!

The longer I live in my townhouse, I am grateful for the home I live in. I wasn't always. My daughter and I lived with my parents up until May, 2012. We lived in their walkout basement. It was about 1,000 square feet with a full kitchen, one bedroom, and a fabulous bathroom with a big Jacuzzi bath. I miss the bath!

I didn't know how I would be able to move out and if I would be able to pay for everything. And I hadn't been working steadily at that point. I was working two different office jobs through my temporary agency instead of getting a "real" job.

Everything worked out perfectly. Right before I moved out, I started at the job I'm still at. Yes, it's still through my temporary agency, yet I am still there savoring the learning and the fabulous coworkers and the gifts the patients bring.

It's funny, when I came to look at this place we now call home, I wasn't sure. Not sure at all. Yet I put myself in the place of being grateful it is better than what I just came from, along with splashing my walls in ocean, juicy passionfruit, and green grape colors.

Yes, so many parts of me still long to be living at the ocean and in warmth. Especially now that winter's nearly upon us! Yet... I am finding myself focusing on what I love about living here. Daily small things tug on my heart and gratitude muscles. I suppose it is only in being thankful for it all and most importantly the small things that we allow ourselves to keep moving toward who we want to be, who we are meant to be. Most of all, I am grateful for the me I am along with the me I am becoming!

5 comments:

  1. I loved this! Absolutely awesome.
    I am grateful that I got to go home earlier. I am grateful that my curiosity and inspiration for animal work has returned. I am grateful that I have an awesome friend like you. I am grateful for that my spirit guides helped me find my earring. :)) I am also very grateful for that my body is doing better and better for each day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fabulous Tinha :) I am grateful for you too!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful appreciation shared in your post, Marina!

    I'm grateful for this beautiful blog, the content you share, the lovely colours here. I'm appreciative of the fabulous way you share my quotes and the ones that you happen to pick. I love what we share on our group. I love all that will be happening this beautiful week coming up. But once again I love what you shared here, it was lovely to feel the gratitude you are experiencing : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fabulous Hemal :) I am grateful for your quotes!! I love how they can help so many. Just one thought (of who we truly are) can pivot us back towards what we are meant to be doing/living! Thanks again :)

      Delete