Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 14: Letter To A Hero That Let Me Down

The only mentors I've ever had were authors I adored. Authors whose every book I have read. The authors I love are SARK, Geneen Roth, Natalie Goldberg, and Anne Lamott. I have met SARK and Natalie. I love the way these authors weave their lives into their words. It makes them human to me. The way they share their human travails with the words they choose and their deliberate writing styles perhaps sort of tricks my mind into thinking they are one of my friends. Someone I am sitting down with who tells me their latest funniness and lessons they have been learning in life. Ah. I feel blessed to read their writings.

I have never had any in-person writing mentors. Nor can I think of any heros I have had. I think as I've gotten older, I've seen peoples' flaws. Their humanness. And that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment