Thursday, October 21, 2010

Leaving

A calm, reflective day
Finally a divine massage
A walk around my old haunts
Lake of the Isles.
Minneapolis.
I wondered if I would again, by chance, see
The movie director I met on this same walk
And then watched the movie in his living room.
The lake holds my heart softly and forever, dare I admit.

This day I saw a tree
Half its leaves vanished
Like all the hopes and dreams
I used to have
I am different
A mother, still slightly depressed for living here
The emptiness, all the creative ideas
I haven't taken time to allow
For no reason. Really.

I feel sad. There's no reason
I don't do my art, my ideas, my writing
I lack movement, perhaps also motivation

I know much inside my heart --
To start and do something is a good day.
To hold the dreams near
They have not yet disappeared
True, if I start, more will follow
My heart will become fuller, more hopeful.

I can tell myself all good things
Good intentions, positivity, yeah, all that.
Until I make a start
And keep making a start every day
I am half gone, half empty
Like the full tree
Whereas I'd rather be flaming red,
Full of color, ideas, fresh
Me.

M. Reede
October 21, 2010

2 comments:

  1. If you start, more will follow. I believe that totally holds true. Just get out there and start doing. Be creative, write. walk. You will soon find yourself red all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Whereas I'd rather be flaming red,
    Full of color, ideas, fresh."
    Dang girl! That was an AWESOME post!

    ReplyDelete