Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 3: Something I Forgive Myself For

Hmm, everything! At night when I finally lay down, I started to say two different things to myself until I actually fall asleep (sometimes it takes a little while). First I go over things I forgive myself for. It can be something from the day and then I usually go into bigger, lifelong things. The second thing I say are all the things I'm grateful for. These two things have been immensely helpful.

The thing I want to forgive myself most for today and right now is living the life I want to be living. I used to live by the ocean. In my mind's eye, I see that time in my life as a time I was vibrantly alive, and able to move through the every day challenges better. Simply put, I was a different person at that time than I am now. Honestly, I don't like all of me right now too much. I could forgive myself for not being who I want to be or think I want to be. I could forgive myself for not taking better care of myself in order to have a better life right now.

Yes, there's a whole slew of things I could list to forgive myself for! I'll start with today and do what I can to get back to that place where I love myself and love my life right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment